Website Technologies (also known as Technographics) is the ability to see what technologies your prospects are using on their website. This is huge because it lets you have a privileged view of the types of technologies your prospects purchase, drop, and use to make their businesses work.
In this guide we will learn how you can use this data to qualify prospects and prepare the perfect pitch.
Technographics can help you in three meaningful ways
- Checking for competitor technologies: You would use this to identify if a prospect uses a competitor’s technology, and pitch your value relative to the incumbent.
- Checking for complementary technologies: Knowing a prospect is using a technology that indicates a stronger need for your product, allows a shorter implementation process or increases the value of the technology they’ve already purchased, can shorten the sales process dramatically.
- Understanding technology spend: Checking the types of technologies installed on a site can give you a great idea of what they spend on technology to estimate potential budget. For example, if a company is using an enterprise-grade content management system, it’s possible they have a relatively high technology budget.
You can also use Technographics to generate a list of leads, read this guide to learn how.
Get started by choosing a prospect you want to engage with, either in an email, a call or in person meeting.
- In SimilarWeb PRO, type your prospect/customer's domain in the Search Bar, and follow the instructions below.
- Using the sidebar to the left, navigate to the Website Technologies page (under the Overview section).
- Review the table to see the full list of technologies embedded on a site, or use the dropdown menu to filter for a specific category.