Location: Website Analysis > Referral Traffic > Incoming Traffic
Website referral traffic contains information about referring domains that were identified as sources of referral traffic to the analyzed domain/s within the chosen time frame.
Referrals may include traffic through affiliates, links, and content partners and traffic from direct media buying or news coverage.
In the Incoming Traffic page, you can see the following insights:
- Total Referral Visits: The sum of all referral visits, coming from various affiliate websites, to the analyzed domain
- Referral Visits: All referral visits to the analyzed domain
- Referring Websites: Websites referring traffic to the analyzed domain
In the Referring websites table, you can see a breakdown of categories and the analyzed domains.
The following insights are also available:
- Domain: The website sending traffic to the analyzed domain
- Category: The category the website belongs to, such as search engines, fashion and apparel, etc.
- Total traffic share: The total traffic share the specific website is sending to the analyzed domain out of all websites in the list
- Competitive traffic share: The breakdown of traffic sent from the specific website to the analyzed site and the competitors
Note: You can filter by category or competitive traffic.
Incoming Referral Traffic Share
This metric enables you to analyze referring domains to your site and those of your competitors - both insights show changes overtime.
To view incoming referral traffic share over time:
- Click the arrow next to each website in the Referring websites table to see a monthly breakdown.
The Incoming Traffic page is an ideal way to view overall referral traffic as well as a breakdown of websites referring traffic to your site - this way, you can see if your marketing strategy works.
Afterwards, you can see how you stack up against your competitors by viewing affiliates that are sending traffic to their sites. Remember, any site sending traffic to one or more of your competitors, but not to you, represents a potential new partnership opportunity.