Location: Industry Analysis > + New Category
Description: Create a personal, fully customizable category. Group up to 100 different websites together and create a unique category within the Industry Analysis module. Access the same sections and metrics available for the 250+ categories that already exist in SimilarWeb.
Industry Analysis includes data for:
- Top Websites - The list of domains from the custom category that are sorted by their rank, based on SimilarWeb’s Website Rank algorithm (a combination of monthly visits and engagement).
- Leaders By Source - The Custom Category leaders according to each traffic source (Referrals, Search, Social, Display Ads, Direct and Mail).
- Overview - An overview of the custom category.
- Category Share - Distribution of traffic share of the websites within the custom category, over time.
- Traffic Sources - The custom category's traffic source distribution.
- Top Keywords - List of keywords sending traffic to the custom category from paid and organic search.
To create a Custom Category, choose the "+ New Category" button located under the Industry Analysis heading. Create a Category Name and list the websites related to the Custom Category.
- Direct Competitors: Track how you compare against your unique ecosystem
- Blue-Chip Category: Discover how the most successful players are driving traffic
- Company Performance: Group different web properties belonging to a specific competitor (e.g., ebay.com, ebay.in, etc.)
- Partners Category: Track the performance of your suppliers, customers or affiliates
- The business strategy team at a US-based e-commerce website wishes to expand into new markets overseas, and decides to use eBay as its model. By building a custom category containing a selection of eBay’s TLDs, the team can obtain an overview of the international eBay market and discover insights such as market size, key growth strategies and users’ interests and engagement. All this can be tracked going back up to 12 months. Based on this information, the team can identify which markets it wishes to expand into, and create a market penetration strategy.
List of Ebay’s top-level domains, sorted by traffic share.
- The marketing team for a new classroom management app wants to advertise on high-end education publishers. The team creates a custom category containing 20 different publisher sites, enabling them to identify the best-performing publishers in the group, based on traffic share and engagement, in addition to understanding the traffic sources and their quality for each site, and for the group as a whole. They can also identify publishers that have increased in rank from the previous month, which indicates that their engagement and traffic is improving. Based on this information, the team can close in on those publishers that are worth the company’s advertising budget, improving their chances for positive ROI.
List of 20 publisher sites sorted by percentage change