In this article
With Similarweb’s Data Exporter, you can download customized reports by leveraging API-like capabilities directly from the platform.
The Data Exporter is an essential tool for seamlessly integrating Similarweb's comprehensive data analysis into your own reporting infrastructure. The latest update introduces new datasets like Technographics, Company Info, Keywords, App Intelligence, and more, making it an indispensable tool for data-driven decision-making.
What Is The Value of the Data Exporter?
The enhanced Data Exporter simplifies the process of extracting targeted data, including new datasets and input types like apps and keywords. These updates are tailored to fit seamlessly into your everyday workflow, empowering you with deeper insights and a broader understanding of your market.
- Simplicity and Ease of Use: The Data Exporter is designed with a user-friendly interface that requires minimal technical expertise. You can easily choose the report type, domains, filters & metrics you wish to include in your report.
- No Coding Required: Utilize the Data Exporter's intuitive interface to interact with APIs, making it accessible to those without coding skills.
- Customization: By using different data filters such as geography, historical data, granularity, and more, you can easily tailor your data exports to your needs.
- Report Sharing: You can share your reports with your team by sending them automatically generated API-code snippets of your report, or simply sending them a direct link to download the report.
- Scheduled Reports (Coming soon!): The Data Exporter's scheduled exports will eliminate the need for manual data retrieval. You can set up automated routines to receive data on a regular basis, reducing the reliance on IT teams for data extraction.
Note: As you interact with the Data Exporter, you may gradually develop a better understanding of APIs and their potential. This product can serve as a gentle introduction to more technical aspects for those interested in learning.
How To Use the Data Exporter
- First, access the Data Exporter within Similarweb Solutions at the bottom of the navigation sidebar:
- Second, click ‘Get Started’ to continue to the Data Exporter, or ‘Gain Access’ and we will contact you with all the information necessary.
Creating a New Report
Select "New Report" to begin creating your report from scratch, or visit "Export History" if you want to visit reports you've created in the past.
Create a new report by following these easy steps:
- Choose a Report Type: Select the needed report type from any of the suggested options
The selected report type should match the metrics you're after, as the available metrics will vary depending on the selected report type. For example, if you're looking for website traffic data, select the "Traffic and Engagement" report type. If you're interested in Keywords data, select the "Keywords" or "Site Keywords" report type.
- Provide Input: Based on the report type selected, you will be asked to provide the input on which the analysis will be conducted. This input could be in the form of website domains, apps, or keywords. Any of these inputs can be selected by typing manually or uploading a CSV file for bulk analysis. For website domains, this is also where you select whether you wish to include subdomains in your report (You can also change your selection at the checkout stage).
Make sure the CSV contains only one column with domain-names to ensure data is pulled properly. You can always check your report in real-time using the preview window on the right.
- Apply Filters: Select the relevant countries, granularity and timeframe you wish to apply for your report. Notice that not every data set has all granularity levels and historical data, so these will change according to the selected data set and metrics.
- Add Metrics: After selecting the report type, you will be able to choose the metrics you wish to add in your report, and watch as they are added in real-time in the preview screen for both 'Table' and 'API' views.
Note: Keep an eye on the request cost at the top of your report as you populate the desired metrics to ensure you don't exceed your remaining credits.
It’s time to download our report! Clicking ‘Export’ will open a summary of our report configurations, along with an option to select the report format and whether to include subdomains as mentioned earlier -
Before downloading the report it’s important to verify the estimated number of data credits required to run this report - In this example, we are using a total of 266 data credits since we’re analyzing only 2 domains.
Tip: Read more about data credits here
Download and Share your Report
Once you've clicked the 'Download' button, a pop-up will appear:
Clicking "Create a new report" will take you to the New Export tab, and clicking "View download progress" will redirect you to the Export History tab:
Export History is where you can download your newly added report (or any report you've previously created), or you can copy the report link to share with other members of your team: