SimilarWeb PRO Marketing Mix enables you to uncover the quantity and quality of traffic sent to a brand per traffic channel (Direct, Mail, Referrals, Social, Organic Search, Paid Search, Display Ads).
What you can do with Marketing Mix:
- Gain an overview of a brand’s marketing strategy over time
- Plan and prioritize marketing resources by analyzing the leading channels generating traffic for competitors and industry leaders
- Evaluate the quality of visitor traffic each channel generates over time
Step 1 - Build your analysis
- Navigate to Website Analysis from your home page
- Type the domain you would like to analyze into the search bar
- Click the Compare button to add up to 4 competitor sites in the Add / Remove Competitors Box
- Click on Traffic Sources on the left and select Marketing Mix
- Enter your chosen time frame and country filter at the top of the page
Step 2 - Discover the marketing strategies of competitors
- Analyze Channels Overview to discover the leading channels generating traffic for each site
- Click on % or # to view traffic in percentage share of all channels analyzed or absolute numbers
Step 3 - Reveal the quality of visitor traffic each channel generates
- Analyze Channel Analysis to benchmark engagement metrics and discover the
quality of visitor traffic per channel
- Select the channel you would like to focus on from the Channel Analysis drop-down menu
- Click on Avg. Visit Duration or Pages/Visit to determine how engaged visitors are on a site
- Select Bounce Rate to reveal how relevant is a site’s audience is. Generally the higher the bounce rate is the less relevant an audience is to a site.
- Channels Overview - The share of a domain’s total incoming traffic from each traffic channel, within the selected time frame.
- Direct - Traffic sent from users via URLs entered directly into a browser, saved bookmarks or any links from outside the browser (i.e. Microsoft Word), Popup ads, Autofill
- Mail - Traffic sent from web-based mail clients
- Referrals - Traffic sent via links from other domains such as affiliates, partners, news coverage, review sites and direct media buying (not through ad networks)
- Social - Traffic sent from social media sites (i.e. Facebook or Reddit)
- Organic Search - Traffic sent via the results on search engines (i.e. Google or Bing) that appear because of their relevance to the search terms
- Paid Search - Traffic sent via the results on search engines (i.e. Google or Bing) that appear because of an advertisement
- Display Ads - Traffic sent from other domains via a known ad-serving platforms (i.e. Doubleclick, Taboola)
- Channel Analysis - The domain’s total traffic and engagement over time, broken down by its different marketing channels.
- Traffic Share - The total amount of traffic received to the domain per channel
- Average Visit Duration - The average time spent by users on a domain, per visit
- Pages Per Visit - The average number of website pages viewed per visit within the same domain
- Bounce Rate - The percentage of visitors to the selected domain who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page
You should be ready to analyze your competitors Marketing Mix. Visit SimilarWeb PRO to get started!