SimilarWeb PRO Marketing Mix enables you to uncover the quantity and quality of traffic sent to a brand per traffic channel (Direct, Mail, Referrals, Social, Organic Search, Paid Search (for mobile web - search is combined), Display Ads).
What you can do with Marketing Mix:
- Gain an overview of a brand’s marketing strategy over time
- Plan and prioritize marketing resources by analyzing the leading channels generating traffic for competitors and industry leaders
- Evaluate the quality of visitor traffic each channel generates over time
Step 1 - Build your analysis
- Navigate to Website Analysis from your home page
- Type the domain you would like to analyze into the search bar
- Click the Compare button to add up to 4 competitor sites in the Add / Remove Competitors Box
- Click on Traffic Sources on the left and select Marketing Channels
- Enter your chosen time frame and country filter at the top of the page, and select Desktop or Mobile Web
Step 2 - Discover the marketing strategies of competitors
- Analyze Channels Overview to discover the leading channels generating traffic for each site
- Click on % or # to view traffic in percentage share of all channels analyzed or absolute numbers
Step 3 - Reveal the quality of visitor traffic each channel generates
- Analyze Channel Analysis to benchmark engagement metrics and discover the
quality of visitor traffic per channel
- Select the channel you would like to focus on from the Channel Analysis drop-down menu
- Click on Avg. Visit Duration or Pages/Visit to determine how engaged visitors are on a site
- Select Bounce Rate to reveal how relevant is a site’s audience is. Generally the higher the bounce rate is the less relevant an audience is to a site.
- Channels Overview - The share of a domain’s total incoming traffic from each traffic channel, within the selected time frame.
- Direct - Traffic sent from users via URLs entered directly into a browser, saved bookmarks or any links from outside the browser (i.e. Microsoft Word), Popup ads, Autofill
- Mail - Traffic sent from web-based mail clients
- Referrals - Traffic sent via links from other domains such as affiliates, partners, news coverage, review sites and direct media buying (not through ad networks)
- Social - Traffic sent from social media sites (i.e. Facebook or Reddit)
- Organic Search - Traffic sent via the results on search engines (i.e. Google or Bing) that appear because of their relevance to the search terms
- Paid Search - Traffic sent via the results on search engines (i.e. Google or Bing) that appear because of an advertisement
- Display Ads - Traffic sent from other domains via a known ad-serving platforms (i.e. Doubleclick, Taboola)
- Channel Analysis - The domain’s total traffic and engagement over time, broken down by its different marketing channels.
- Traffic Share - The total amount of traffic received to the domain per channel
- Average Visit Duration - The average time spent by users on a domain, per visit
- Pages Per Visit - The average number of website pages viewed per visit within the same domain
- Bounce Rate - The percentage of visitors to the selected domain who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page
Please note for Mobile Web Marketing Channels overview:
- Organic & paid search are combined to Search
- Data is available from Aug 2018 at monthly granularity
You should be ready to analyze your competitors Marketing Mix. Visit SimilarWeb PRO to get started!