SimilarWeb PRO Keyword Analysis enables you to uncover the digital market share for any keyword on the web, based on the actual traffic (i.e. user clickstream) generated by a particular keyword to any site on all search engines.
What you can do with Keyword Analysis:
- Discover which websites are getting the most traffic share from each keyword
- This will enable you to understand who are you competing with in the Search realm, as well as identify strategic partners for backlinks and content placements.
- Monitor the traffic share of any keyword over time
- This will allow you to see who is suddenly or consistently gaining or losing market share from a certain keyword or group of keywords.
- Optimize your SEO, PPC and Content campaigns
- This will help you to drive high-intent traffic to your business and increase your digital market share
Step 1 - Understand the competitive landscape for any keyword
- Navigate to the main menu bar.
- Select the Keyword Analysis module.
- Type the industry keyword you would like to analyze into the search bar.
- Select your time frame and a country at the top of the page.
- Choose Organic or Paid Competitors in the main menu bar.
- Detect the popularity of a keyword by using the Search Volume metric.
- Refer the CPC price estimation, so you can further assess the demand for a particular keyword.
Step 2 - Discover which sites are dominating your most relevant keywords
- View the Traffic Share graph to reveal the traffic trends over time of the top 5 sites, from your keyword or keyword group.
- Look at the Domains column in the table, to view a list of all the domains that receive traffic from a given keyword.
- Analyze these sites further by referring to the Pos. column - the Google SERP position of each domain.
Step 3 - Track your share of keywords that are most relevant to your business
Monitor the performance of a brand, product line, campaign or marketing initiative over time by creating and saving a keyword group of 200 keywords.
- Click on the + New Keyword Group within Keyword Analysis.
- Enter or paste up to 200 keywords for your group.
- Select the Choose Keyword Group section in the main menu bar to easily access and monitor your keyword groups
- Ensure that your time frame and country filters are set.
You can easily get a broader view of your market share by filtering to last 12 months or more.
Step 4 - Optimize your SEO and content marketing campaigns based on winning keywords
Drive your SEO and content marketing campaigns based on keywords and landing pages that generate high search traffic.
- Go to your Keyword Group.
- Select the Keywords tab in the Traffic Breakdown table.
- View the Traffic Share column and sort by the Change column to qualify and spot successful and new keywords on the rise.
- From the Traffic Breakdown table in the Domains tab, click on the arrow icon in the Destination URL column to view which landing pages work best for a particular keyword.
Take inspiration from your search traffic competitors by analyzing new and engaging content ideas so you can create the most effective landing pages.
- Search Volume - The monthly average of searches performed for the keyword in Google over the last 12 months.
- CPC - The estimated price that advertisers pay to buy the search word in Google Adwords in the selected country from the past 30 days.
- Organic vs Paid - The share of paid and organic traffic generated by the selected keyword.
- Traffic Share - A distribution of the traffic share for up to 10 chosen domains that are receiving traffic from the selected keyword, within the chosen time frame.
- Change - The change in traffic generated by the selected keyword from the previous month.
- Position - The most recent position of the domain in organic Google results.
- Destination URL - The traffic from the selected keyword is sent to this URL.
- Website Categories - The category best describing the website.
You should be ready to start your own keyword analysis. Visit SimilarWeb PRO to get started!