SimilarWeb PRO Keyword Analysis enables you to uncover the digital market share for any keyword on the web, based on the actual traffic (i.e. user clickstream) generated by a particular keyword to any site on all search engines.
What you can do with Keyword Analysis:
- Discover which websites are getting the most traffic share from each keyword
- This will enable you to understand who are you competing with in the Search realm, as well as identify strategic partners for backlinks and content placements.
- Monitor the traffic share of any keyword over time
- This will allow you to see who is suddenly or consistently gaining or losing market share from a certain keyword or group of keywords.
- Optimize your SEO, PPC and Content campaigns
- This will help you to drive high-intent traffic to your business and increase your digital market share
Step 1 - Understand the competitive landscape for any keyword
- Navigate to the main menu bar.
- Select the Keyword Analysis module.
- Type the industry keyword you would like to analyze into the search bar.
- Select your time frame and a country at the top of the page.
- Choose Organic or Paid Competitors in the main menu bar.
- Detect the popularity of a keyword by using the Search Volume metric.
- Refer the CPC price estimation, so you can further assess the demand for a particular keyword.
Tracking the impact of keywords over time
There are now two filters for reviewing the relative impact of a keyword within a competitive set.
- Traffic Trend - Scale the graph to the maximum traffic point during the period being analyzed to highlight any gains and loses in traffic over time. This view helps to identify seasonality and time-specific trends for keywords.
- Market Share - A traditional monthly market share distribution of traffic from a given keyword or group to your competitive set.
Step 2 - Discover which sites are dominating your most relevant keywords
- View the Traffic Share graph to reveal the traffic trends over time of the top 5 sites, from your keyword or keyword group.
- Look at the Domains column in the table, to view a list of all the domains that receive traffic from a given keyword.
- Analyze these sites further by referring to the Pos. column - the Google SERP position of each domain.
Step 3 - Track your share of keywords that are most relevant to your business
Monitor the performance of a brand, product line, campaign or marketing initiative over time by creating and saving a keyword group of 200 keywords.
- Click on the + New Keyword Group within Keyword Analysis.
- Enter or paste up to 200 keywords for your group.
- Select the Choose Keyword Group section in the main menu bar to easily access and monitor your keyword groups
- Ensure that your time frame and country filters are set.
You can easily get a broader view of your market share by filtering to last 12 months or more.
Step 4 - Optimize your SEO and content marketing campaigns based on winning keywords
Drive your SEO and content marketing campaigns based on keywords and landing pages that generate high search traffic.
- Go to your Keyword Group.
- Select the Keywords tab in the Traffic Breakdown table.
- View the Traffic Share column and sort by the Change column to qualify and spot successful and new keywords on the rise.
- From the Traffic Breakdown table in the Domains tab, click on the arrow icon in the Destination URL column to view which landing pages work best for a particular keyword.
Take inspiration from your search traffic competitors by analyzing new and engaging content ideas so you can create the most effective landing pages.
- Search Volume - The monthly average of searches performed for the keyword in Google over the last 12 months.
- CPC - The estimated price that advertisers pay to buy the search word in Google Adwords in the selected country from the past 30 days.
- Organic vs Paid - The share of paid and organic traffic generated by the selected keyword.
- Traffic Share - A distribution of the traffic share for up to 10 chosen domains that are receiving traffic from the selected keyword, within the chosen time frame.
- Change - The change in traffic generated by the selected keyword from the previous month.
- Position - The most recent position of the domain in organic Google results.
- Destination URL - The traffic from the selected keyword is sent to this URL.
- Website Categories - The category best describing the website.
You should be ready to start your own keyword analysis. Visit SimilarWeb PRO to get started!