Uncover the traffic and performance metrics for any keyword or keyword list by using Similarweb's suite of Keyword Analysis tools.
Note: Keyword Analysis traffic insights are based on the actual traffic (i.e., anonymous behavioral data) generated by a particular keyword to any site on all search engines.
Understanding search performance is necessary when building a strong digital marketing strategy. Using Similarweb's Keyword Analysis tools you can:
Conduct keyword traffic analysis to discover which websites are getting the most traffic share from each keyword.
Understand who is competing within the search realm and identify strategic partners for backlinks and content placements.
Monitor the traffic share over time in monthly or weekly granularity.
Spot sudden or consistent gains or losses of traffic share for a keyword or group of keywords.
Perform post-campaign analysis following specific events or dates (e.g., Elections, Black Friday, etc.), and see the traffic share split among competitors.
Optimize your SEO, PPC, and content campaigns, drive high-intent traffic to your business and increase your digital market share.
There are several tools and metrics available to help you conduct keyword analysis.
Working within the Acquisition Channels module:
From the sidebar menu, select either the SEO or Paid Search section and find Keyword Analysis.
Enter a Keyword or select a Keyword List.
Note: To create a new keyword list, click + New List.
The Keyword Overview page offers a broad scope of metrics and insights related to the performance of the analyzed keyword(s).
Evaluate the performance of the analyzed keyword or the list of keywords in the Organic, Paid, and Mobile traffic channels.
- Evaluate key metrics and insights: On each of the three pages, take a look at the following insights:
The Search volume metric reveals the popularity of a keyword.
- Compare Search Volume to Search Visits to determine the real values of popular keywords for destination sites.
- Take note of the CPC price estimation and assess the demand for a particular keyword.
- Traffic Distribution: See the keyword traffic performance over time. Toggle between the Traffic Trend and Traffic Share tabs. In the Traffic Trend view, scale the graph to the maximum traffic point during the period being analyzed to highlight any gains and losses in traffic over time. This view helps to identify seasonality and time-specific trends for keywords.
- Traffic Share provides a traditional monthly/weekly/daily market share distribution of traffic from a given keyword or list to your competitive set. With the
- Traffic Breakdown: Discover which sites are dominating your most relevant keywords. View the graph to reveal the traffic trends over time of the top 10 sites from your keyword or keyword list.
- Analyze your competitors sites further by referring to the Position Column to see the most recent SERP position of the website domain.
- Look at the Destination URLs of where the traffic is being sent. Use this data to learn what landing pages are working best for a particular keyword.
Take inspiration from your search traffic competitors by analyzing new and engaging content ideas so you can create the most effective landing pages.
Glossary of metrics:
Try it now! Get started with Keyword 3.0.