Location: Research > Website Analysis > Search Traffic > Keyword Phrases
Keyword Phrases reflect the different search terms that drive traffic to the website you are analyzing. In addition, it reflects the percent of traffic this search term sends to the website, on its own and within longer search queries. Keyword Phrases help you determine which search terms (single and multiple keywords) are most valuable to your business. On this page, you can see different combinations of keywords and the percentage of traffic they're sending to your website.
You can analyze up to five websites and view the phrases that drive traffic to the websites analysed. You can see how much traffic this one phrase drives in all its possible keyword combinations and lengths.
To analyze keyword phrases traffic:
- From Website Analysis, enter a website you would like to analyze.
- Go to Search Traffic > Keyword Phrases.
- Click Compare and add up to 4 of your competitors.
A full list of keywords that are driving traffic to you and your competitors websites in the given time frame is displayed.
- You can apply any of the filters to narrow down your list.
Note: You can use the boolean search bar to filter the list to a particular topic or product.
You can filter by:
- Any Search Length: Filter one, two, or three keywords
- Branded Keywords: Keyword used to search for a company name
- Non-Branded Keywords: Keywords that do not reference a company name
- Filter by Competitive Traffic:
- Keyword Opportunities: Find keywords that your competitors are getting traffic for
- Keyword Losses: Find keywords that you are pursuing but losing to your competitors
- Keyword Wins: Find keywords that are driving the majority of traffic to you and less to your competitors
- Highly Competitive Keywords: Find keywords that both you and your competitors are competing for
Within the table, you can see:
- Search Terms: List of referring keyword phrases
- Total Traffic Share: Percentage of search traffic that is sent by this keyword to the analyzed websites
- Competitive Traffic Share: Percentage of competitive traffic share that is send by this keywords to the specific websites that are in comparison mode
Keyword Phrases Traffic Share
To view incoming keyword phrases traffic share over time:
- Click the arrow next to each keyword phrase in the keyword phrases table to see a monthly breakdown.
You can also see how you compete with your competition on different keyword combinations. By adding a competitor, you will see the total traffic share of you and your competitors for a keyword as well as the traffic distribution. This gives you a clear view on who is winning for certain keyword combinations.
A great way to utilize this comparative view is by looking at the long-tail keywords i.e. three words, that don't send any traffic to you but are sending traffic to your competitors. If you exclude branded keywords (simply check the box), these are great indicators for keyword opportunities that can bring in traffic that is currently going to your competitors.
By looking at Keyword Phrases, you can:
- pinpoint the most lucrative SEO opportunities for your campaigns
- estimate the amount of traffic from different keywords combinations
- discover long-tail keywords your competition ranks for but you don't
Here are a few ideas on how to use the insights drawn from Keyword Phrases to make decisions in your daily work:
- Build out a PPC campaign for long-tail search terms that bring in traffic to your competitors
- Create dedicated web content that uses multiple combinations of high-traffic driving keywords
- Discover negative keywords to rank for