Location: Workspace > Marketing & Research > Keyword Lists
Keyword lists are a great way to stay ahead of your competition. When you are researching keywords, you can create a list and monitor their performance for you vs. your competitors throughout your campaign. In addition, you can import predefined keywords.
To create a keyword list:
- Click the Plus sign to create a new keyword list.
- You have two options:
- Enter a Keyword List: Give a name to your group and either paste a list of keywords or enter them one by one. When finished, click Save.
- Keyword Generator Tool: Enter a seed keyword, select a country, and then click Go. You will receive a list of keywords containing the seed keyword you entered (phrase match). You can also see related keywords (keywords that don’t necessarily contain your seed keyword but have similar intent). To create a list, click the checkbox next to each keyword you want to add to your list and then click Select List. You can either add to an existing list or create a new one.
Note: Keyword lists can also be created from Website Analysis > Search Traffic > Keywords and Web Category Analysis > Search > Top Keywords.
Within your keyword list, you will see:
- Keywords: Represents a list of keywords based on your seed keyword
- Traffic Share: Traffic share for this keyword in relation to the entire list
- MoM Change: Percentage of change in traffic from the most recent month to the prior month
- Volume: Average number of monthly searches for this keyword
- Trend: Search volume for this keyword over the past 12 months
- CPC: Average price advertisers pay for a click on their ad in Google’s paid search results
- Leader: Website that receives the most traffic from this keyword
When you create a targeted keyword list, SimilarWeb provides ongoing keyword recommendations based on the content of that list. This will allow you to keep your list up-to-date and relevant by receiving keyword suggestions critical to your business.
To receive keyword recommendations:
- Go to Workspace > Marketing & Research > Keyword Lists.
- Select a list you would like to view.
- Click Recommended Keywords.
A list of keywords that were identified to be the most relevant for you to track will be listed.
- To add a keyword to your existing list, just click Add.
Note: You will receive keywords recommendations no more than once a week.
If you're Nike, for example, and built a keyword list on the topic of "running shoes", SimilarWeb’s recommendation feature will suggest important trending keywords. Using our own proprietary algorithm, we detect similar keywords that change the most and are relevant to the group you are monitoring. This helps you keep your keyword list fresh and always up to date. The suggested keywords will be similar to the ones in your predefined list, but will help you stay ahead of the competition by receiving even more keyword opportunities.