Location: Research > Web Category Analysis > Search > Top Keywords
Within the Top Keywords page, you can view keyword data on the category level to help you understand how traffic is driven to various sites in specific categories. For example, you can filter to show only keyword data for the TV Movies and Streaming category, and if your site is in this category, you can gather valuable insights to adjust your SEO strategies to properly promote your products or services.
You can see:
- Organic vs Paid: Percentage of visits generated by organic search vs paid search
- Search Traffic by Channel: Breakdown of search traffic by search channel, such as regular search, news, image, video, and others
- Search Traffic by Source: Breakdown of search traffic by source, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
In the table below, you have search term results displayed for both organic and paid search. You can also use the tabs to filter to show only organic or paid.
The following filters are available to narrow down your results:
- All Search Channels: Breakdown of search traffic by search channel e.g. Regular, News, Image etc.
- Branded and Non-branded: Breakdown between all keywords or non-branded keywords. If a company is trying to broaden their audience, they would focus on non-branded keywords.
- Newly discovered: Find new keywords to target, which didn’t appear in the month prior to the analyzed month.
- Trending terms: See which keywords experienced a significant rise in traffic compared to the previous month.
- Question queries: Find question-based keywords e.g. containing who/what/when/why/can . Increase traffic and link-building opportunities, as relevant content that solves users’ problems will definitely attract clicks and links. For example, “Where can I buy an iPhone 11 Pro?”
The new filters will allow you to explore exploding and tanking search terms on the category level, whether it’s Finance, Home and Gardening, etc. You can use this data to adjust your SEO and PPC strategies to properly promote products or services.
This example shows non-branded, trending and question query keywords for the Finance category. Results show that mortgage queries are popular and the trend column shows the rise from the previous month.
In the Home and Gardening category, the search queries mainly revolved around growing your own vegetables. This can be attributed to the Corona virus and how people are home more.