Location: Web Category Analysis > Top Websites
The Top Websites section lists top performing websites in all categories.
To view metrics for your chosen category:
- Select a category from the All Categories dropdown list.
The list will refresh to show the top websites for your predefined or custom category.
Market Quadrant Analysis
The Market Quadrant Analysis graph allows you to view top websites in all categories, or the selected category, in a graph. This provides you with a visual snapshot to help you better understand who is winning in the relevant category.
Note: Hover your mouse over a website in the graph to display more detailed information.
In addition, you can view the category average to understand how the analyzed site compares to its competition. Benchmark sites against competitors by examining the intersection between two metrics of your choice.
This new graph provides you with a faster way to slice and dice the top website pages with two chosen metrics to extract a more in-depth analysis and benchmark websites with their competitors.
Use Case Example
Let’s say you want to find the website that attracts the most engaged audience in Travel and Tourism in the United States. All you have to do is look at monthly visits and visit duration. Just select Travel and Tourism, the date range, and the country. The results will be displayed visually in the Market Quadrant Analysis graph.
In the filters within the graph, select Monthly Visits vs. Visits Duration. This will provide you with a visual snapshot of the leaders in these metrics. In addition, you can benchmark the website you are analyzing to the category average; this gives you an overview of your performance as compared to the industry average.
Examine the following metrics:
- Domain: The website including all subdomains
- Traffic Share: A percentage of traffic out of the sites on the list to the chosen website
- Change: The month-over-month change in traffic volume as a percentage.
- Rank: A calculation of the number of monthly unique visitors, together with the number of page views from desktop and mobile traffic
- Monthly Visits: The sum of all visits (non-unique) per included month
- Unique Visitors: The sum of all unique visits per included month
- Desktop vs Mobile: The percentage of incoming traffic from desktop vs. mobile
- Visit Duration: The average time spent by users on the website each visit
- Pages/Visit: The average website pages viewed each visit
- Bounce Rate: The percentage of visitors that viewed only one page on the site before leaving
- Adsense: Whether the domain uses Google Adsense or not