There are four key ways to discover potential new affiliate partners for your client :
- Discover the affiliates sending traffic to your client’s competitors and steal this traffic back to your client’s site
- Pick a successful affiliate partner and discover similar websites to bring even more relevant traffic to your client
- Drive new traffic to your client by identifying the websites receiving traffic from target keywords
- Identify the list of websites referring traffic to your client’s category
Discover the affiliates sending traffic to your client’s competitors:
- Discover websites that send traffic to your client’s website and to their competitor’s websites by going to Referral Traffic > Incoming Traffic in compare mode
- Use the competitive filter ‘Referral Opportunities’ to see which affiliates are sending traffic to your competitors, and not to you.
- Use the category filter at the top to narrow down your results and find potential affiliate partners in certain industries
PRO TIP: Competitive Traffic Share shows you the proportion of traffic each referring domain sends to the members of the group.
Pick one of your client’s affiliates and use SimilarWeb to discover similar websites:
Another way to discover new potential affiliates with SimilarWeb is to review your client’s existing affiliates and learn more about who their competitors are.
- In Incoming Traffic under “Referral Traffic” view the list of sites that send traffic to your client’s domain.
- Select a site from the list to learn about the website’s performance.
- Go to Competitive Landscape under Overview on the left side menu to see a list of similar sites.
- Go to Audience Interests under Audience to see other websites that visitors go to in the same 24 hour period as visiting the affiliate you have chosen to analyse.
Identify the websites receiving traffic from target keywords
Drive new audiences to your client’s site by discovering affiliate partnerships winning traffic from content and keywords of interest to your client’s target audience
- Enter any keyword in the search bar to go to Search Keyword Analysis.
- Click on the “New Keyword Group” blue button and select the Keyword Generator tool, which will will help you come up with new keyword ideas.
- Type a relevant search term into the Keyword Generator. For example, if you want to attract visitors that are likely to buy beauty or make up products, type in a related keyword.
PRO TIP: You will see two tabs:
- Phrase-Match: this list includes all search terms that contain broad and exact match mention of your seed keyword
- Related Keywords: this list includes all search terms that are semantically similar to your seed keyword i.e. match the intent of the user, rather than the exact keyword.
- Select keywords from this list one by one or select the top checkbox to highlight the top 100 keywords.
- Add keywords to a new or existing keyword group to analyse in Search Keyword Analysis
- Scroll down to see a full list of domains that win traffic from those keywords.
- To find relevant potential affiliate partners for your client, click on the Website Categories drop down to segment the list.
PRO TIP: Switch between the Organic and Paid sections on the left side menu to uncover which domains have bid on the keywords in your keyword group.