In this guide, we’ll show you how to manage the ongoing relationships with your affiliate partners.
The previous two guides covered four ways you can use SimilarWeb to identify potential affiliate partners and the best way to qualify potential partners.
Your network of affiliate partners should be constantly evolving. You bring in new partners and work with existing affiliates to ensure that you are getting the best return on your investment.
SimilarWeb allows you to track the performance of each of your affiliates, helping you to iterate and improve the volume and quality of the traffic they send.
These are the steps you can use to ensure that you are getting the most out of every affiliate relationship:
- Within your Workspace, you can create an Arena by starting with one domain and then adding up to four competitors. Learn how to create an Arena here.
- Once you have created your Arena, you can select the Learn More button under Visits Over Time.
- From here, on the left-hand menu bar, under “Referral Traffic” click on Incoming Traffic to benchmark the proportion of your affiliate’s outgoing traffic that is coming to you relative to other sites. Note changes over time. Ensure that the price you are paying for traffic reflects your relative value to the affiliate.
- Optimize your positioning on the affiliate site by identifying the most visited pages within each affiliate domain by going to the left-hand menu bar, under “Content” click on Pages. Make sure your links are not being marginalized or placed in niche areas where they may be less effective. Conversely, there may be specific pages which are more likely to deliver relevant traffic.
Analyzing the Pages as well as using the Folders feature (under “Content”) will offer insights that will enable you to negotiate with an affiliate from a position of knowledge.
- You can optimize the impact of your appearance on an affiliate site by looking at the history, seasonality and daily timing of that site’s traffic under Traffic & Engagement. Understanding which months of the year, which days of the week and which times of the day see the highest volumes of relevant traffic to an affiliate partner will help you optimize the performance of your links and negotiate the most favorable deal.