Location: can be found in the Website Analysis and Industry Analysis modules
Description: Traffic Sources displays the distribution of traffic by the different traffic sources.
Overview Section: Shows a macro view of Traffic Share and Traffic Volumes by Source for a specified timeframe.
Traffic is measured by multiple sources:
- Direct – traffic sent from users via: direct URL address entered into a browser, saved bookmarks or any links from outside the browser (i.e. Microsoft Word), Popup ads, Autofill
- Mail – traffic sent from web-based mail clients
- Referral – traffic sent via links from other domains such as affiliates, partners, news coverage, review sites and direct media buying (not through ad networks)
- Search – traffic sent via the results on search engines such as Google or Bing and search partners. This section includes both organic and paid search traffic.
- Social – traffic sent from social media sites such as Facebook or Reddit
- Display Ad – traffic sent from other domains via a known ad-serving platform of banner or content suggestion ads (i.e. Doubleclick, Taboola)
Detailed Listings: Shows a detailed listing of all inbound traffic sources
Data is listed with the following details:
- Traffic Source
- Source Type
- Global Rank
- Traffic Share
- Change Column
- Adsense Column
Traffic Sources Overview (Website Analysis):