Location: App Analysis> App Engagement > Retention
Description: The retention contains information about the retention rate of the analyzed app, measured from the day of installation (installation day = day 0). Retention refers to the percentage of users that opened the app at least once, X days post installation day.
To better understand and benchmark the retention of an app, we have created three important metrics:
- Early Churn – users that leave at an early stage
- Loyal Percentage – users that stay longer
- Median Lifetime – a metric based on Early Churn and Loyal Percentage
Retention is also measured using a bar chart and list based on installation day. These compare the analyzed app’s percentage of returning users to a chosen App Store Category from day 0 to day 30.
Overview Section: The top of the page shows the following sections:
- Loyal vs. Early Churn
- Bench-marking tool
- Returning users post installation graph
Detailed Listings: The bottom of the page shows a detailed list of:
- The percentage of returning users
- The percentage of returning users of the category top leaders