Privacy and security is a major priority at SimilarWeb, like many of the leading online companies. This is why we implemented the 2 step verification solution (2SV). With 2 step verification, each user login is linked to the user's email address and telephone number. A verification prompt may occur when:
- The user's email address is used to login from a new device/browser.
- SimilarWeb's security system identifies an account validation requirement.
How to Complete the 2SV:
- A pop-up window will appear when you try to log in to your account. Enter your cell phone number to verify via SMS or press ‘click here’ to verify via a phone call:
- You will get a prompt that the code was sent to your phone. If you chose to receive a phone call instead, then you will receive a phone call and a robot will provide the code. Enter the 6 digit code into the prompt and click verify:
You will now have access to your account. For your security, this will have to be completed every 30 days.
- Why do I receive multiple and frequent requests to complete 2SV?
- Users who use the same 2 devices and browser should only have to complete 2SV every 30 days.
- Explanations for why users may have to complete 2SV more often than every 30 days:
- Using multiple browsers
- Using more than 2 devices
- Using incognito mode
- Using an extension on your browser that deletes your cookies
- If none of these explanations fit, please try actively deleting cache, cookies and browsing history.
- Why don’t I receive an SMS during the 2SV process?
- Make sure there are no spaces, dashes, or periods in the phone number you entered.
- Try the SMS one more time, if that doesn’t work try using the phone call option.
- Why don’t I receive a phone call during the 2SV process?
- The phone call option is blocked in the following countries.
- If you are from one of these countries, then you must use the SMS option.
- Why Can’t I change my phone number?
- Make sure that you enter your phone number when prompted.
- Ensure that the email address you are writing from matches the email address associated with your SimilarWeb user account.
- In order to change your phone number, you have to receive an email. Make sure you have access to the email address associated with your SimilarWeb user account.
- Check your spam folder if you did not receive the email to your inbox.
- Does every user have to provide their phone number?
- 2SV occurs at the user level, not the account level. So each user under an account has to provide their own phone number for 2SV.
- How long does the 2SV code last for?
- The 2SV code expires after 3 minutes. Please note that the 3 minutes starts from when the code is generated and not from when it reaches your phone.
- Can I use a landline?
- You can use a landline if you want to use the phone option, but not for SMS.